Oh no! If you’re reading this it’s probably because you were going along just great with your diet. You were losing weight and feeling awesome about yourself and everything you were doing and then BAM! You hit a weight loss plateau!
We’ve all been there at some point and it is super frustrating. Sometimes it can take weeks to break through the plateau and start losing weight again. Keep reading for some of the easiest weight loss plateau busters that you can try immediately to get back to losing weight and feeling amazing.
The Easiest Weight Loss Plateau Busters
This post contains affiliate links. See my disclosure here.
- Pay attention to what you’re really eating. If necessary, you could start a journal or use a an app like My Fitness Pal to track your food for a little while to be sure you aren’t eating more than you think you are. I’m not usually an advocate for calorie counting, but if you reach a plateau, you may need to do it for a short time for the sake of finding the issue that’s causing your weight loss plateau.
- Try having a cheat meal. I know this sounds like the opposite of what you need, but sometimes your body needs a sign that there’s abundant food still. This can give you a jolt that will kick you out of that weight loss plateau. Go out and have your favorite meal at a restaurant.
- Try a plant based diet. Switching to a plant based diet completely restarted my weight loss when I was at a weight loss plateau. I’ve now lost 32 pounds by following this healthy plant based diet. I love it! I had tried all the diets…keto, Atkins, Weight Watchers, HCG, and the list goes on and on. As soon as I cut animal products from my diet, the weight just started coming off so easily.
- Change up how you eat your meals. If you have been eating 3 large meals and a couple of smaller snacks, try eating 5 or 6 small meals instead. If you’ve been eating 5 or 6 small meals, switch it up and eat 3 larger meals and a small snack or two. A simple change as small as meal size and timing could be the weight loss plateau buster you’re needing.
- Drink more water. This has always been a challenge for me, but keeping hydrated will make sure your weight loss continues to go along smoothly and you don’t hit a plateau. Increasing the amount you drink even by one glass could help you bust through your plateau. Add a little lemon for even more health benefits and plateau busting ability. If you need to use lotion on your skin or chapstick on your lips, you’re likely not getting enough water to keep you hydrated.
- Start working out. If you haven’t been doing any kind of exercise, add some! Even just a short walk can burn those extra calories and get your metabolism revved up. If you live somewhere that weather doesn’t permit you to walk outdoors, you can try these videos for walking indoors.. They make it fun and they only take a few minutes. Here’s a list of fun workouts that won’t feel like you’re exercising.
- Get more sleep. If you aren’t getting at least 8 hours of sleep, this could be thing thing that is causing your weight loss to stall. Sleep is when our bodies recover and when all the magic of weight loss happens. Make an effort to get more and better sleep.
- Eat probiotic foods. Sometimes being unable to lose weight can be caused by a gut imbalance. Eat more fermented and cultured foods to increase the good healthy bacteria in your gut. I was absolutely unable to lose any weight until I began getting my gut healthy.
- Add triphala powder to your diet. It is good for overall health, but the main reason I love it is because it has been shown to help people lose weight. It helps cleanse toxins from your body and could be the key to getting past your weight loss plateau.
- Stop focusing on the scale. Please also remember to always go by how you feel. Sometimes the scale is a liar. How do your clothes feel? Are they getting looser? Don’t get hung up on a number on the scale. I’ve actually put my scale away and am completely going by how I feel and how my clothes are fitting and I’m so much happier not being a slave to that silly scale. I’m not saying to not track your progress. We need to know if something is working, but sometimes the scale doesn’t reflect what is happening in our bodies.
Resources From This Post
- The Best Plant Based Diet For Weight Loss
- Indoor Walking Program
- Triphala Powder
- Lose Belly Fat Without Exercising
- Fun Workouts For People Who Hate To Exercise
Other Posts You Might Like