Do you find yourself overthinking everything? You worry about the past and the future, but never really live in the moment and enjoy what’s happening now?
These positive affirmations will help you overcome overthinking immediately. If you find your mind wandering to situations that are beyond your control and want to slow down your overactive mind, say these affirmations to let go of overthinking and relax.
How to use positive affirmations to let go of overthinking and worry
If you want to end overthinking, say these affirmations daily at least once.
I recommend using the following affirmations once in the morning to start your day with a calm mind, once right before you go to bed for a restful sleep that’s free from intrusive thoughts that cause sleeplessness, and any time during the day when you feel your mind starting to spin out of control with worries or negative thoughts.
If any of the affirmations feel too far from something you can believe, skip over it. Positive affirmations only work if you can get on board with them. If you say it and get a bad feeling in the pit of your stomach, don’t use that affirmation until you’ve come a little further in your progress of calming your mind. You can always add that one in a few weeks or months when it feels right.
As you say the affirmations to overcome overthinking, take some deep breaths to relax your body and mind.
Use positive affirmations to stop overthinking in the morning
You wake up and the first thing you do is start worrying and overthinking negative thoughts about what’s to come for the day. This turns into morning anxiety and your vibe is not set for a positive day at all.
You have that big work thing and if it doesn’t turn out right, you might get fired or be in big trouble with your boss.
Or your day is jam packed with so many things you don’t know if you’ll be able to get them all done. So you start to worry about how it’s going to play out.
This is no way to start your day and sets you up for a day filled with stress.
Use these positive affirmations first thing when you wake up to stop overthinking before it gets started.
Keep them next to your bed and say them before you do anything else or have a chance to start thinking any negative thoughts.
Stop overthinking at night with positive affirmations
If you have a hard time falling asleep or you wake up in the night and can’t get back to sleep because you’re overthinking everything, you’re not alone.
I’ve had so many times that I would try to fall asleep, but the next thing I knew my mind was overrun with thoughts of the past and the future. So many “I should haves” and “What ifs”.
This is the most frustrating thing to experience because all you want to do is go to sleep, but your your mind won’t shut up.
These affirmations will help you calm down your overactive mind at night and finally get some much needed sleep.
Say them or write them before you go to bed to find the peacefulness you need to get to sleep.
Or use the affirmations when you wake up and can’t get back to sleep to relax your mind, stop racing thoughts and fall asleep fast.
In this post I share other ways to use LOA to beat insomnia that will also help you calm your mind.
For a powerful new law of attraction method to stop overthinking instantly, check out this post where I explain exactly how to use The Triple Switch Method.
Want to say the affirmations for overthinking along with me? Watch the video.
POWERFUL POSITIVE AFFIRMATIONS TO OVERCOME OVERTHINKING
- With each breath I take, my mind calms more and more.
- I focus only on the present and live in this moment.
- I release all worries and trust the universe.
- I realize that what has happened in the past is only a memory and no longer exists.
- I am calm about the future because things are always working out for me.
- I choose to control my thoughts.
- I think of only the positive because thoughts become things.
- I am grateful for all the things that are going right for me.
- I release the need to control the future.
- I will be okay no matter how things turn out.
- I can handle anything.
- Today I choose to be calm and happy.
- Relaxed is my natural state.
- I have the ability to create anything I want.
- There are no mistakes in life, only different paths.
- I set myself free from worry.
- My positivity attracts only good things to me.
- I choose to control my thoughts.
- My mind is quiet and at peace.
- I focus only on the reality of the present.
- I detach from my thoughts and allow them to move through without resistance.
- I am filled with inner peace.
- My thoughts are filled with what will go right.
- I choose to think only positive and empowering thoughts.
- I can change my life by changing my thoughts.
- Challenges are opportunities to learn.
- I cut the strings of worry and allow it to float away.
- I choose to only imagine the positive opportunities that the future holds.
- I focus on the best things that I have in my life right now.
- I trust that everything is always working out in the best way for me without a need to be controlled by me.
Other Affirmations You Might Like: