As I reached my 30s and 40s I began to notice I was putting on some extra weight around the middle especially so I started looking for the best detox drinks to lose belly fat fast.
What is the best detox drink to lose belly fat fast? Drinking lemon water first thing in the morning followed by a detox smoothie helps hydrate you and cleanse your liver to help you lose belly fat quickly.
I’ll tell you exactly how to make and use the lemon water and weight loss detox smoothie to get rid of extra belly fat easily, why they’re the best, and how they work to detox your body and help you lose weight.
If you want a complete smoothie detox program, this 7 DAY SMOOTHIE DETOX helped me lose 5 pounds and get past a weight loss plateau that I just couldn’t break no matter what I tried.
This post contains affiliate links. See my disclosure here.
These detox drinks are the best home remedies to reduce belly fat without exercise.
The Best Detox Drink To For A Flat Belly
Supporting and detoxing your liver is the best way to lose belly fat. As your liver gets more and more clogged with chemicals and fats, it’s unable to do it’s many jobs for your health.
Lemon Water To Detox Your Liver And Get Rid Of Belly Fat
Lemon water first thing in the morning is an important factor in losing belly fat. It helps flush out your liver and get your body hydrated and moving when you first get up.
You can drink your lemon water hot or cold. Simply squeeze a whole lemon into 8 ounces of water and drink it down as soon as you wake up.
The Best Liver Detox Smoothie To Lose Belly Fat Fast
This detox drink for a flat belly tastes so good and it’s really easy to make. I drink it for breakfast and it keeps me full for a few hours.
This smoothie will help detox your liver to help you lose the extra fat around your waist.
Liver Cleanse Smoothie Recipe To Get Rid Of Belly Fat
1 apple, peeled and cut in chunks
1 cup of wild blueberries (I get these in the freezer section of the grocery store) or 1 TBSP. wild blueberry powder
1/4 cup of dragon fruit (in the freezer section of the grocery store) or 1 TBSP. dragon fruit powder
1/4 cup of papaya or 1 TBSP. papaya powder
1/2 cup of coconut water or water
Put everything in a blender and blend for 30 seconds to 1 minute or until completely blended.
How do these detox drink ingredients help you lose belly fat?
Losing belly fat is all about detoxing and supporting the liver. The ingredients in this detox drink all help the liver in a way that will help you lose the stubborn fat around your waist.
- Dragon fruit helps rejuvenate the liver. It gets into the deep parts of your liver helping it slow down liver aging and start producing new cells.
- Wild blueberries grab onto substances that cause the liver problems and hold onto them as they leave the body. They also feed good bacteria in the intestinal tract.
- Papaya helps strengthen the liver cells as well as soothing the nerves in the gut lining allowing inflammation to cool down and improves absorption of nutrients.
- Coconut water helps lower viruses and bacteria in your liver and lymphatic system allowing them to work better.
- Bananas improve the liver’s ability to absorb nutrients as well as soothing the gut lining.
- Apples help hydrate and cleanse the liver and dissolve gallstones.
How does a liver detox drink get rid of belly fat?
In a nutshell, an overburdened liver is what causes extra belly fat that’s hard to lose, but there are a few things you should know about the things that cause your liver to become sluggish.
We are exposed to so many things in our day to day lives that our liver has to filter. Toxins like pesticides, herbicides, fungicides, plastics and other chemicals have to be processed by the liver. Just living in the industrialized world can cause your liver to become overburdened.
I was a nail technician for 18 years and was constantly exposed to chemicals at work every day. I had my hands in chemicals and breathed them all day as well. Over time this really caught up with me.
I wasn’t able to shed the stubborn weight and lose belly fat until I started working on detoxing my liver.
Stress is another thing that can really mess up your liver and cause extra belly fat. The liver has to process excess adrenaline in our bodies caused by stress. If your liver is also dealing with toxins, this can lead to belly fat that you just can’t get rid of.
Too much dietary fat
Your liver has to process every bit of fat that you eat. If you eat a high fat diet and have extra stress and are exposed to toxins, your poor liver gets to the point that it just can’t keep up.
When your liver is in a state that it’s overwhelmed by these things, it can’t process fat properly and begins to store the fat on the outside of it which becomes fatty liver. It basically is looking for anywhere it can put this extra fat and begins depositing it in other areas of the body including the waist.
Other Foods And Drinks That Get Rid Of Belly Fat By Helping The Liver
- Apricots provide vitamin A that protects cell damage
- Arugula helps the liver purge toxins leading to a healthier liver and the ability to lose belly fat.
- Asparagus removes fat cells from the liver and soothes an overburdened liver allowing for belly fat loss.
- Brussels sprouts cleanse the liver allowing for repair so the body can lose weight.
- Celery binds to toxins and helps flush them from the liver to help a sluggish liver get working better and helping with fat loss. I drink celery juice every morning and it really makes me feel amazing. My health has improved so much since adding it to my morning routine.
- Cilantro helps cleanse and rebuild the liver which leads to easier weight loss.
- Cherries help get the toxins get unstuck from the liver and flushes them out.
- Cranberries improve the liver’s immune system.
- Cucumbers keep the body and liver hydrated.
- Dandelion greens is one of the best liver cleansing foods helping the body release extra fat around the waist.
- Eggplant improves blood flow and oxygen to the liver.
- Figs give your liver a break because they don’t require much stomach acid or bile to digest. They also help remove toxins and pathogens from the body.
- Grapes help revitalize the liver making weight loss easier.
- Kiwis help dissolve gallstones.
- Mangoes help cool an inflamed liver, prevent liver aging, and help bile production.
- Pineapple helps degunk an overburdened liver and allows for better weight loss.
- Pomegranates rejuvenate liver cells and dissolve gallstones.
- Sweet potatoes support every function of the liver which leads to healthy weight loss and the ability to maintain a healthy weight.
Want more tips to lose belly fat?
Try making your own detox drink to get rid of belly fat using some of the ingredients from the list.