Is your appetite completely out of control? Are you trying to stick to your diet, but you keep failing because you’re just so darn hungry? Below I have for you the best natural appetite suppressants that work! Keep reading to find out how easy it will be to kick your hunger to the curb with these tips.
I used to have an uncontrollable appetite. I would finish a meal and be thinking about what snack I could eat. I had crazy intense cravings that I just couldn’t get to go away no matter what I did. I had tried all the pills that people claim will suppress your appetite, I took prescription appetite suppressants, and I can tell you that they did me no good. Losing weight is hard enough without having to tame a beast of an appetite. These are tried and true natural appetite suppressants that work and have worked for me personally.
This post contains affiliate links. See my disclosure here.
The Best Natural Appetite Suppressants That Actually Work
- A Plant Based Whole Food Diet- When you follow this type of diet, you can eat until you’re satisfied which is one of my favorite things about it. I find it much easier to avoid snacking when I can eat meals that I love and feel full. Also, all the fiber you get from this way of eating will fill you up. I’ve been following this version which is starch based for quite a while now and I’m so happy with the results I’ve gotten. I also am obsessed with it because I can eat potatoes, rice, pasta, all the things I love and crave and still stick to my plan. So I never have those feelings of guilt and shame that I cheated on my diet.
- Apple Cider Vinegar-Apple cider vinegar reduces your blood sugar response to a meal thereby causing less cravings and decreasing your appetite. Be sure when you buy it to get the raw unfiltered one that has the mother in it. Raw unfiltered ACV contains protein, enzymes and friendly bacteria that can help your gut. Put a tablespoon of ACV in a few ounces of water and take it before meals to help digestion and naturally suppress your appetite. If you can’t handle drinking apple cider vinegar, you can get it in pill form here.
- Cistus Tea–Cistus tea is my favorite supplement EVER. I can’t even tell you how much this stuff has changed my body! Once I started drinking it I was able to kick my sugar cravings and my appetite reduced so much that I sometimes forget to eat. It helps break up biofilms in the body created by unfriendly bacteria, yeasts, and parasites. I know that sounds weird probably, but a few days after I started drinking it, my body felt lighter and my appetite and cravings were practically non-existent. You can read about my experience here if you want to know more.
- Fermented Foods-Fermented foods are great for helping get your gut in balance by adding beneficial bacteria to your body. These good bacteria help push out the bad guys. Once your gut is healthy, your ravenous appetite and cravings will be no more. You can buy fermented vegetables at the health food store or make your own. There are lots of options of vegetables that can be fermented. The ones you’ll usually find in a store are kimchi, saurkraut, and pickles. I’m not talking about regular pickles and saurkraut from the regular grocery store. These would be in the health food store in a refrigerated area to preserve the probiotics that are in them. Kombucha is a tea that is fermented and it is delicious! If you’re interested in learning how to eat a whole food diet with fermented foods, read this post.
- Drink More Water- Drinking water can help control your appetite. Our bodies need water for every function so it’s really important, but I’m sure you already know that. I think the key to this that so many people miss is that when you drink a lot of water, you also need to replace your electrolytes or else it never gets into the cells. I also noticed that if I drink water on a completely empty stomach it makes me more hungry, but if I have a little something in my stomach already, it makes me feel full when I drink water. Play around with it and see what works for you.
I really hope you try these natural appetite suppressants because I know they will work for you if you give them a chance. Like I said before, I tried all the magic pills that people say will curb your appetite and unfortunately, I found that none of them worked. If your appetite is out of control, your body is probably trying to tell you something. My gut problems were causing vitamin and mineral deficiencies in my body and everything was going haywire. Listen to your body and you will find the answers you’re looking for.